Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

No pictures, sorry. I made these on a whim because friends were coming over. However, they were delicious, so I thought I would make a record of the recipe.

I always have problems with my chocolate chip cookies falling flat, always. I've tried every trick in the book for that not to happen, but to no avail. Anyway, this recipe didn't produce any fallen cookies. Every last one turned out puffy, soft, and delicious. Give it a try.

Jocelyn, this one's for you!

Oh yeah, one more thing. This is a double recipe, so just cut it in half and it is the perfect size. I'm just too lazy to cut all of it in half for you. :) I just copied and pasted the recipe directly from allrecipes.com.

INGREDIENTS
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment